Technical Delivery Manager / Development Project Manager - Cheshire - .NET, Agile, Jira, Prince II
Our client works across a number of industries, meaning the technical teams have a wide variety of projects at any one time. Working within their retail division, you will be a Development Manager or Technical Delivery Manager, who enjoys managing both technical delivery of software projects as well as small teams of Developers.
You will lead on a number of complex greenfield applications, as well as being accountable for a portfolio of both strategic and tactical business projects that use technology.
The Technical Delivery team is a small close knit team of 25, and includes other Delivery Managers and Business Analysts, as well as a team of over 25 software developers split across multiple sites and home working.
Key responsibilities include
- Project Management across the full software development lifecycle.
- Taking a hands-on approach to projects, including actively driving and executing activities such as system testing, C# Development Coaching and business user training if required.
What experience / skills are we looking for?
- Minimum of 5 years experience delivering complex and technical software development projects preferably in C#
- Experience in managing complex, technical software and financial processing projects across the entire project lifecycle.
- Able to converse on a technical level with software development teams.
- Able to present progress, risks, and issues clearly at the senior management level.
- Able to break down large problems into small deliverables, driving rapid solution delivery.
- Awareness of best practice frameworks such as Prince 2, MSP, ITIL etc.
- Familiarity with task management systems such as JIRA.
The client is based in Cheshire, and you will be required to be onsite regularly to liaise with the teams and with the board. The role is commutable from Staffordshire, Shropshire, Warrington and Manchester. The client offers a great benefits package and is looking to pay between £55,000 - £60,000 as a base salary.