A hugely ambitious and rapidly expanding service provider is seeking to bring in the best Network Architect to join their ever growing team.
What will you be doing as a Network Architect?
- Carries out installation, support and maintenance of the group’s network infrastructure.
- Proactively looks for ways in which the group’s network infrastructure can be improved in order to ensure optimal performance and stability.
- Produces and maintains documentation in relation to the group’s network infrastructure including network architecture diagrams.
- Works with IT management to define infrastructure support initiatives and solutions for improving service efficiency and effectiveness with a particular focus on the group’s network estate.
- Proactively researches and recommends courses of action to prevent problems and to maintain high infrastructure service levels for our internal customers.
- Demonstrates a proactive approach in helping to mitigate risks, improve quality in an efficient manner and resolve issues that do occur.
- Ensures change management processes are followed for all system changes.
What experience are they on the look out for?
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent formal training or experience.
- CCNP Certified (or equivalent experience).
- Significant experience of working in a multidisciplinary team with a focus on both LAN and WAN networking technologies.
The essential skills/attributes are: -
- Infrastructure System knowledge gained in a professional services/project organisation and/or technical environment.
- Proven experience of the following technologies:
o Network hardware including cabling, switching, routing and firewall functionality (Cisco and Fortigate preferred)
o Routing protocols and technologies including MPLS, BGP, OSPF, RIP and RIPv2
o SD-WAN technologies
- Experience of planning and implementing systems and network integrations and cloud migrations.
- Significant experience of working in a multidisciplinary team with a focus on networking and collaboration.
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve network outages
- Knowledge of IT Security fundamentals.
- Within the UK Top Track 100 company list
- A real dedication to promoting and nurturing talent with an “Internal talent development programme”
- Travel opportunities with secondment opportunities to work in our international offices;
- A culture that truly appreciates tech - innovative, technology driven.
- Rapidly expanding global company
What benefits do we offer?
- Brand new offices with onsite gym, break out rooms and canteen.
- Excellent training, coaching and mentoring.
- Fantastic opportunities for ongoing development and progression;
- Life assurance and pension;
- Local and online discounts including discounted restaurants, travel, entertainment tickets with BenefitHub;
- Employee Fuel Card (after one year);
- Employee Assistance Programme;
- Cycle to work scheme;
- Service Awards;