An exciting opportunity for a Microsoft DBA to come and work with one of the UK and Europe's leading outdoor clothing brands.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Microsoft DBA to join our exciting and expanding tech team at our State of the Art Head Offices in Urmston / with remote working an option.
What you'll be doing
- Knowledge and expertise of MS SQL Server 2008
- Knowledge of working in Azure and setting up and maintaining Azure SQL databases is also crucial
- Abilities to write and optimise complex stored procedures, views, functions etc.
- Experience of SQL/CLR development
- Abilities in PowerShell are also of use along with abilities in maintaining the Microsoft BI stack (SSAS, SSIS and SSRS)
- Database performance tuning / optimisation / indexing
- Interpreting / actioning execution plans and client statistics
- Develop, manage and test back-up and recovery plans
- A firm understanding of the implementation of clustering
- To help design and build database schemas with integrity and scalability with data access layers that are optimised for performance
- Responsible for QA of all UAT and Production database releases ensuring company standards are followed, deployment of fit for purpose code to UAT and Live, driving all requests through the company’s internal CAB process.
- Responsible for the setup/management of database security, ensuring that the correct production policies are adhered to, with review in line with company or regulatory procedures.
- Exposure to Data Warehouse ETL
- Management of extended stored procedures
- 24 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays
- A company pension
- A friendly and approachable company culture.
- You can take a day paid to go and volunteer for a good cause.