Linux & Azure Systems Administrator - Oxfordshire - Linux, Unix, Teams, O365, Azure, Active Directory
My client works in a really unique industry, and is still in start up mode. With just over 50 people in the UK you will work on challenging technology, in a really rewarding industry.
Woring with the Head of IT & Cyber Security, you will be responsible for the implementation of secure IT infrastructure and systems, as well as working on technical projects for the business.The IT estate is varied, with global teams and includes Linux, O365, AWS, VPNs and secure networking infrastructure and commodity Windows environments.
- Extensive Linux administration/engineering experience in the provision, config/change management, and securing of dynamic engineering and operational environments.
- Cloud-based knowledge and experience of implementing and administering secure O365 solutions including Teams, Azure and Azure AD.
- Experienced in implementation of Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Exchange and Active Directory.
- Good security understanding in hardening systems, network configurations, Next Gen Firewalls, VPN technology and other security related experience. Experience in developing and delivering security as an integral part of IT systems.
- Experience in delivering, administering and supporting physical IT systems (e.g. servers, switches, SANs etc.).
- Fundamental understanding of virtualisation and containerisation technology, ideally with hands-on experience with VMware, OpenStack and Docker technology.
- Experience in ‘configuration as code’, and the use of automation tool such as Ansible, Puppet and Chef as well as general Linux scripting (e.g. bash, Perl, Python).
- In depth knowledge and experience of implementing and troubleshooting networking protocols – TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, routing, VLANs and IPSec.
- Excellent time management, prioritisation skills and problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills; verbal and written (ensuring good documentation is in place), for dealing with users and stakeholders and IT vendors at all levels.
The client is offering a salary of £50,000 - £65,000 dependent on experience. The role is based in Oxfordshire, but there is an expectation for circa 3 days on site and 2 days home based. The role is commutable from Cheltenham, Bristol, Basingstoke, Reading and Northampton.
The role offers a good salary and benefits package, great progression route to shape the IT and infrastructure team in a growing business as well as interesting and rewarding work.