Java Development Team Lead / Software Engineering Tech Lead - Cheshire / Greater Manchester
Our client is looking to hire a Java Development Team Lead who can mentor and lead 4 developers, whilst also being still hands-on technical. The client works across many different sectors and is a successful growing business with a wide variety of brand-new projects.
The Java Development Team Lead / Tech Lead will mentor and lead a team of 4 junior developers, whilst also supporting and developing the in-house CRM platform, which can be used by hundreds of users across the business.
This role is perfect if you like a varied role in a fast-paced environment, want to be technically challenged, are an excellent problem solver, and you’re able to hit the ground running…!
Core Responsibilities will include:
- Line management responsibility for around 4 developers
- Taking a hands-on lead developer role in development projects
- Solution design activities and specification/task creation
- Task allocation, performance management, facilitation, and mentoring of your team
- Providing feedback on development progress to management and business stakeholders
What will you be doing as Java Developer Team Lead?
- Working on projects spanning large-scale development, small system improvements, and application support.
- Delivering fortnightly releases in line with the internal business needs.
- Using best practices and working to coding standards.
- Interpreting software needs and developing a concept and final solutions to meet objectives.
- Thinking creatively to bring new ideas and concepts to the existing application.
- Estimating development tasks and planning delivery.
- Presenting ideas and concepts to the IT Development Manager and the development team.
- Ensuring quality delivery of software including creating documentation and completing testing and code reviews where needed.
What experience/skills are we looking for?
- Strong commercial Java development experience, and ready to take a step into leading others.
- Strong Java knowledge and skills, supporting Java 8 and higher.
- Experience in the development and design of web applications in a J2EE environment.
- Experience with open-source frameworks such as Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate, etc.
- Experience with database technologies, ideally Oracle, with strong SQL skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What benefits do we offer?
- Fantastic office and facilities
- Minimum 1 day a week to work from home. There maybe some flexibility for more days from home dependent on the applicant.
- Excellent training and coaching tailored to your individual career goals
- Friendly & supportive team working environment that encourages opportunities for self-development;
- Fantastic opportunities for ongoing development and progression;
- Life assurance and pension;
- Local and online discounts including discounted restaurants, travel, entertainment tickets with BenefitHub;
- Employee Fuel Card (after one year);
This role is based in Cheshire and is easily commutable from Crewe, Stoke on Trent, Macclesfield & Shropshire with good train links to Central Manchester and Liverpool. The client is offering a competitive salary and is open to candidates who are ready to take the leap into leading others, as well as candidates who enjoy a mix of Tech hands on work as well as leading and developing others.