Data Quality Analyst - Greater Manchester / Part Remote - Data Quality, Data Integrity
My client is moving into a new business intelligence environment, and as part of that process is looking to hire a brand new Data Quality Analyst - a new position for the business. Reporting into the Test Manager, you will be responsible for data quality, accuracy
and integrity, and ensure that the business understands what good data is. Any issues with data quality will be analysed by yourself, and you will be responsible for ensuring that any remedial action is taken.
The Data Quality Analyst will have ownership of the quality of the data that goes in and out of the system.
• Creation and implementation of an organisation level Data Governance framework.
• Ownership of data incidents from the wider business from triage to resolution.
• Data cleansing: Identify, assess and resolve any data quality issues.
• Identification and categorisation of data sources and structures.
• Mapping of data flows/structures/journeys (where not already done).
• Development of data quality best practice guidelines including user training to ensure those practices/good data governance is successfully embedded.
• Creation and maintenance of reporting metrics/dashboards to include KPIs
• Data integrity checking, reconciliation and exception reporting.
• Develop strong relationships with users, resolving any data quality issues identified by them.
• Addressing the root cause(s) of data inconsistencies and recommending/supporting the implementation of changes to ensure no further recurrence.
• Awareness of data privacy legislation(s)
• Ability to analyse large data sets
• Ability to confidently learn front & back end systems for data cleanse activities
• Ability to map & understand data flows for fix
• Strong organisational skills
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• An aptitude for analysis and client reporting
Database querying (e.g. SQL)
PowerBI (nice to have)
This is a permanent role and is looking to pay £25,000 - £35,000 dependent on experience. The client is currently looking for a split located role with part onsite in Greater Manchester and part home based.