C++ Software Engineer - Aerospace - Oxfordshire
My client is looking to hire a C++ Software Engineer, to work on cutting edge development for a unique industry. You will be working on the technical development for flight software and will be looking to expand and develop on current aerospace system knowledge.
This role will focus on flight software development; defining solutions based on requirements, working with other subsystem teams on software needs, performing verification, integration and test activities.
• Bachelor or master’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or relevant engineering / science discipline.
• 3+ years of commercial experience in flight software development for satellites.
• Experience with embedded systems programming (C/C++).
• Knowledge of software development methodologies & embedded software engineering.
• Experience in using and modifying Board Support Packages.
• Familiarity with UML and SysML.
• Familiarity with commonly used protocols and standards for spacecraft communications, such as CCSDS, CAN, Spacewire.
• Experience of implementing real-time systems and software solutions on aerospace projects.
• Experience in developing and implementing test plans for aerospace.
• Proactive and self-managing, able to plan and effectively lead areas of responsibility whilst contributing collaboratively within a close-knit team.
The client is based in Oxfordshire, and is open to a part onsite / part offsite working pattern. The client is offering a competitive salary, and is commutable from Swindon, Reading, Banbury, and Aylesbury.