An ambitious specialist clothing brand are currently looking for a Business Analyst to work within their IT organisation. The role will be part of a transformation of IT delivery and will be a key enabler in to this initiative.
The candidate will be the focal point of inbound requirements from the business and will be responsible for developing high level, often poorly defined requirements raised in business speak into well structured, technically considered user stories that are fully defined to the degree that they can enter the software development process.
What you’ll be doing
- Gathering business requirements and understanding process (both current and future)
- Running client workshops to gather views and feedback on design concepts and functional designs
- Documenting detailed designs, typically using Agile user stories
- Building detailed knowledge of business, processes and IT applications.
- Supporting the business through their acceptance testing of the software
- Delivering ‘Train the trainer’ expert training, where required
- Working closely with IT delivery colleagues to provide a seamless and efficient service to the business
- Influencing the product roadmap from your client interactions and discussions
- Identifying issues and facilitating resolution
- To manage the IT aspects of projects
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrable experience of software development methods, software development lifecycle and associated toolsets
- Operational knowledge and experience within similar business is desirable
- Highly effective communication skills; both verbal and written
- Strong stakeholder management; both internal and client
- Good understanding of Project Management processes and key delivery frameworks
- Demonstrable drive to deliver to the highest standards and to encourage and support colleagues to do the same
- Adherence to ethical business standards
Strong work ethic that can be followed by fellow team members