Aerospace Project Manager - Oxfordshire - Systems Engineering, GNC, Aircraft,
Working in an innovative industry you will be working with a small but rapidly growing team of technical experts, making a positive contribution to cutting-edge challenges.
You will be a technical project manager with a background in systems engineering but will be working with a senior project manager. This would suit a candidate with a couple of years of experience in project management, who is ready to take their next step into interesting and varied technical challenges.
If you like working with varied stakeholders, managing workstreams and small projects with responsibility for the design and delivery of complex engineering challenges, this would be a great role for you!
You will have experience in planning and delivery of project review gates, deliverables, timescales, costs, and risks, whilst also be able to generate input into systems engineering concept studies - both technical and non-technical packages and bids of work.
You will enjoy working with varied suppliers and stakeholders, and being a lynchpin in bringing different communities together.
- A couple of years’ experience in project management, in the aerospace/systems engineering industries with a track record of successful delivery.
- Complete ‘technical’ project management skillset (delivery, schedule, financial, risk management, etc)
- Ability to lead and work collaboratively with a close-knit team of technical and non-technical personnel.
- Production and maintenance of project management deliverables for internal and external stakeholders. Includes contractual deliverables, schedules, reports, risk registers, project, and financial reporting, etc.
- Experience in working closely with Systems Engineering teams, including a high-level understanding of Systems activities such as architecture definition, CONOPS, requirements derivation, etc.
- Experience working with aerospace/spacecraft sub-system functional teams such as Guidance Navigation Control (GNC / AOCS), Command & Data Handling (C&DH / OBDH), Propulsion, Software, Ground Segment, Operations, etc.
- Awareness of Assembly Integration and Verification processes (integration, subsystem / integrated/environmental testing etc).
- Experience of supplier management or satellite part procurement.
- Practical understanding and application of lean engineering methodologies.
- High personal standards & desire for honesty, openness, and integrity.
- An understanding of people, coupled with the desire to lead by example and bring a team with you to achieve mutual success. A willingness to put a team’s requirements before one’s own when appropriate, balanced with the ability to hold difficult conversations when necessary.
The role is based in Oxfordshire and is commutable from Swindon, Banbury, Milton Keynes, Slough, Reading, and Basingstoke. The client is offering £40k - £45k, plus pension, bonus, and the chance to work on really interesting projects and programs.
You must be willing to undergo a security clearance for this role.